On Presenting to Persuade
By Seth Godin on Udemy
Are you looking to get really good and comfortable at speaking in front of people?
Maybe you’re looking to learn to:
- Do solid powerpoint presentations during Business Meetings,
- Get A’s for your school presentations
- Make better Youtube Videos
- or, learn to speak in front of crowds
Today I’ll help you figure out if Seth Godin’s Course on “Presenting to Persuade” is the course you’re looking for.
This course is good, but it really isn’t for a lot of people
It’s really good, but there is still very few people I would recommend it to.
And I’ll tell you why.
You see, if like most people who are looking for a course on public speaking, if what you want is to:
- Learn to overcome your fear of public speaking and finally get the courage to turn on your camera and film your first youtube video.
- OR Learn all the basics and theory on how to make good presentations…
... You’ll be disappointed. Because this course isn’t about any of that.
This course will not teach you what to say,
It will not teach you about body language,
It will not teach you how to sell people on an idea.
And it will most definitely not teach you how to overcome your fear of public speaking.
If your goal is to learn the basics of how to convince people either through conversations or presentations, I recommend getting Brandon Hakim’s persuasion masterclass instead.
On presenting to persuade is a course for business presentations.
More specifically, it’s a course for people who are tired of making presentations during business meetings that end up just being a waste of time.
This is a course for people who want to learn how to make sure that when they make a presentation, that the company or person they are trying to impact will end up taking action NOW…
…Instead of just telling you: “I’ll think about it” or “maybe later” and end up doing nothing.
It will teach you how to prepare presentations and set-up the environment in a way that ensures that if your presentation is good change can happen.
For example, if the executive you are trying to influence isn’t there, don’t expect change to happen.
And, it will show you how to create effective powerpoint slides that will help you get your point across instead of just distracting your audience.
If that’s what you’re looking for, It’s a very good course.
Even though it’s just about 1 hour long,
- The information you get is solid, useful and easily actionable.
- Everything is straight to the point and it doesn’t waste your time.
- You get lots of real life examples, both good and bad to learn from.
- And it costs just under 35$ which is really cheap.
If that’s the kind of thing that could interests you,
Just try it out. Udemy offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied, so you’re not risking anything.